Click on the link above to go to the new address. My blog has moved to a new server at kentucky.com, which will give me greater flexibility, especially in posting photos, slide shows and videos. So, please reset your bookmark. Sorry for the inconvenience. I appreciate your reading my blog, and if you have any questions or suggestions, email me by clicking on the link to the right.
If you want to start an endless debate in Kentucky, that question is a good place to start.
I’m preparing my remarks Friday, so help me out and comment below. Is Kentucky Southern? Midwestern? A mixture? What do you think, and why?
The panel discussion will be at the Lexington Public Library’s Central Library Theater downtown. It is part of the Library’s Forever Free: Lincoln’s Journey to Emancipation exhibit. Other related activities Saturday include:
• Lincoln’s Lexington Walking Tour – 12:30 p.m. and 4 p.m. Meet in front of the Central Library.
• Children’s Activity: Civil War Cyphers and Codes – 2 p.m. in the Library’s children’s department.
• Civil War Living History: Soldiers and Cannons and Horses, oh my! Phoenix Park – 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.
• A Word from President Lincoln with Jim Sayre – 3 p.m. at the Central Library Theater.
• Saxton’s Cornet Band – 5:30 p.m. in Phoenix Park.