If you want to start an endless debate in Kentucky, that question is a good place to start.
I’m preparing my remarks Friday, so help me out and comment below. Is Kentucky Southern? Midwestern? A mixture? What do you think, and why?
The panel discussion will be at the Lexington Public Library’s Central Library Theater downtown. It is part of the Library’s Forever Free: Lincoln’s Journey to Emancipation exhibit. Other related activities Saturday include:
• Lincoln’s Lexington Walking Tour – 12:30 p.m. and 4 p.m. Meet in front of the Central Library.
• Children’s Activity: Civil War Cyphers and Codes – 2 p.m. in the Library’s children’s department.
• Civil War Living History: Soldiers and Cannons and Horses, oh my! Phoenix Park – 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.
• A Word from President Lincoln with Jim Sayre – 3 p.m. at the Central Library Theater.
• Saxton’s Cornet Band – 5:30 p.m. in Phoenix Park.